Google Ads statistics in 2022 you need to know about
Given that Google is the most popular search engine in the world it’s no wonder that Google Ads is being used to advertise businesses everywhere. You can now stop hoping that people will find you naturally. Instead, you may take matters into your own hands. You can drive business by investing in well-placed adverts that highlight your company and its ware and effectively communicate with your intended demographic in record time. To help you better understand the value of Google AdWords, we’ve consulted experts from social media marketing agency New York and prepared some fascinating Google Ads statistics you need to know about. Now let’s get to work!
Essential Google Ads statistics and trends you should know about
PPC advertising remains the top choice for businesses of all sizes throughout the world, which is something that every reputable New York digital marketing agency understands. This is mainly due to its low cost and precise targeting compared to other marketing channels.
For this article, we’ve selected the most important Google Ads statistics and data which should help you decide if the Google Ads (previously Google AdWords) platform is a good investment for your business in 2022 and beyond. Let’s begin by going over some high-level data about Google ads so you can see why it’s such a popular choice for advertisers.
When it comes to market share, Google is the absolute leader
It’s not a secret that, in order to find what they’re looking for on the internet, most people use Google. That’s because Google commands a market share of 86.64% when compared to competing search engines. For the US specifically, Google controls 86.95 percent of the search engine market.
Therefore, it’s no surprise that companies keep pouring money into Google AdWords with such a massive audience. It’s a fantastic chance to get the word out and bring in new customers. Here are just some of the stats to back that up:
- 63% of internet users have interacted with a Google ad at some point. This was reported by HubSpot in their 2022 Annual State of Marketing Report. Any business with a Google AdWords account can benefit from this, as one of the primary aims of advertising is to encourage a website visit. And it’s not only for ads on Facebook; it shows them that people are responding to all kinds of online advertising.
- Google takes in 33% of mobile ad revenue. We increasingly use mobile devices to shop these days. These days, buying something online is a fast and simple option for when you need something immediately. According to industry estimates, Google currently receives 33% of the growing mobile advertising pie. And what company wouldn’t want their products and services to be part of that?
- Google’s advertising revenue in 2020 was $146.92 billion. Google’s advertising revenue has been rising consistently throughout the years, as seen by the company’s financial reports. They made $146.92 billion in advertising revenue in 2020. This is the primary driver of Google’s total annual revenue of $181.69 billion in 2020. Also, they are showing no signs of slowing down, as Q3 2021 revenue of $61.69b demonstrates.
PPC advertising and Google Ads statistics
Google’s advertising options span a wide spectrum to accommodate a variety of business goals and strategies. Campaign options include a display, video, shopping, app, local, and smart. Paying only when an ad is actually clicked on, as in the PPC (or pay-per-click) model, characterizes this type of advertising.
Google AdWords, in particular, is by far the most utilized PPC advertising platform available today. This is what you need to know:
- PPC advertising produces twice as many visitors as search engine optimization. SEO has long been used by content writers to boost their articles’ positions in Google search results. Quite rightly so, as it turns out! After all, SEO is a potent tool for boosting natural traffic. PPC advertisements, on the other hand, bring in twice as many visitors as SEO does, so they’re well worth the money if you need fast results. Basically, SEO is more of a marathon than a sprint as New York City SEO expert agency advises.
- Google ads typically have a 2% CTR. As a key indicator for every paid advertising campaign, click-through rate (CTR) must not be ignored. The goal of your advertisement is to attract viewers who will then click over to your site. That’s where, ideally, they’ll do something useful for you, like sign up for your mailing list or buy something. According to the statistics, Google advertising typically has a CTR of 2%. In general, we consider anything higher than that to be exceptional.
- When making a purchase, 65% of consumers click on ads. Advertising on Google might give you an edge over the competition when potential customers are looking for a specific product. This is due to the fact that 64% of shoppers who click on these adverts actually end up making a purchase. You might get the click and the sale if your ad displays exactly what they need.
ROI statistics for Google Ads
Before committing your funds to Google Ads, you should first consider the possible return on investment (ROI). After all, you shouldn’t invest in something if you don’t think it will succeed in the long run.
Fortunately, the success of the platform is supported by Google Ads statistics, demonstrating its value:
- The ROI on Google Ads is 8 for 1. Google claims that businesses can expect to make $8 for every $1 spent on advertising. That implies, conservatively, they estimate their advertising platform returns $8 for every $1 spent.
- Advertisements on Google have an average conversion rate of 4.4%. The conversion of visitors into customers is a common objective for internet advertising campaigns. Google advertising has a good conversion rate on the search network, with an average of 4.40 percent. This conversion rate is about 0.57% on the display network.
The bottom line
As you can see, Google Ads statistics clearly demonstrate that Google is an effective medium for advertising a company’s goods and services. Hopefully, you’ll use the information provided here to inspire your own unique advertisement. Determine what you hope to accomplish with your advertising campaign, and then craft a message that will resonate with that group. Successful advertising can raise your bottom line by increasing brand recognition, internet traffic, and sales. Of course, you can always do what’s best as well as the easiest and reach out to PPC agency New York to handle all the “heavy” work for you.